Wednesday 18 May 2011

altered book 2 "Samples"

I'm doing a series of altered books for an
upcoming summer class and am posting
them as I get them done.  This one was
prepared by brushing a very thin coat of
white gesso over each page. I then used
water colour washes in cool colours
over parts of each page. The gesso and
paint took well in  this children's hard cover
book. 





I added light bits of leaves to some pages as well.  When dry I
glued on sampler muslin swatches of paint application
techniques (spattering, sponging, crumpling, wiping)



The cloth cover already had a funky cat blowing bubbles so I just added
the title.   I'll use a fun font to add children's song lyrics later 
 I see the letters flowing over the pages..............

2 comments:

  1. I love these pages look forward to seeing how you finish them. I am really into journalling at the mo, I hope you will stop by, you may see something to inspire? ;0)

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn, this is really like journaling except that I work on an old book instead of a new journal. The fun is in figuring out what to leave, what to cover and how to incorporate some of the old book in the new!

    ReplyDelete